Thursday, May 19, 2016

Settling In With Our New Little Key

You may remember how I wrote here about the sorrows of pregnancy?  I prayed newborn days for baby #3 would be easier. I asked for; 
1. more sleep and less insomnia, 
2. more energy and less fatigue, 
3. an end to stomach problems, 
4. healing from many unmentionable pregnancy complications, 
5. and being less round and more happy(I turned into a very type A, efficient, but grumpy pregnant lady)

Maybe begged is a more accurate word than prayed? 

Then low and behold Isaiah was my easiest birth recovery out of the three!
Two days after I felt so much more like myself than I had during pregnancy. I was ready to start walking him around the block and get back to our home routine.
We took Isaiah home and found he was a laid back baby who slept well.

Unfortunately Ted and I both also took home from the hospital bad respiratory colds. And Dorathea and Jonathan got them too.

It's a bad time to get sick when you just had a baby and I got sicker than I can ever remember feeling. I was out of breath just taking a couple steps. 

My mom to the rescue! She nursed everyone in the house and held the baby in her spare time. I know it was God watching over us that she just happened to be able to stay with us three whole weeks. She is a full time nurse at home. By the time she went home we were all healed up and back to our homeschool and work routines.

I've had a lot of questions about how D and J get along with Isaiah and how we are all doing,
The answer? These kids of mine were never that into babies until Isaiah came home. Now they are crazy for him! 

 Dorathea says he is cuter than her bunny (high praise from her!). She loves to hold him even when he cries. 
Jonathan does puppet shows for him and calls him mad baby, sad baby, moopy baby (a lethal combination of mad and poopy). He is also diligent to tell me when the baby needs me.



Zay Zay loves to listen to his brother and sister talk and sing to him.









He loves to watch his brother play with toys.




Also my insomnia, stomach pains, and even incessant trips to the bathroom are all gone. I feel even better than I did before I had Isaiah. Thank God for healing!
Isaiah is a great sleeper (I didn't know a baby could sleep this well!), a good eater, a sweet smiley fellow, and we have decided to keep him.  The beauty of having your best sleeper third is that I know it has little to do with my parenting and everything to do with the temperament of the child and the grace of God.  Ted is working two jobs he loves right now, and doesn't have a lot of time to help me at night, so having a good sleeper is a timely blessing.

So in short, the Keys are enjoying this child and this joy season of family, work, and life.

And yes, he does have awesome hair. And no I don't think it will fall out.


Update;  Isaiah is now three months old and his hair has grown two inches! We Keys are hairy.


No comments:

Post a Comment